What is Metameric Massage?
It is an extremely powerful and complex, deep and beneficial treatment, in fact, it is not a simple relaxing or energizing session but a complete reflexology therapy.
Metameric Massage is a particular massage that acts in depth, working with a specific technique on the reflex zones of the nerves that radiate all the internal organs and the different parts of the body.
Specifically, it acts on the metamers – which are bands related to nerve parts of the back – that cross it horizontally and are directly connected to the sympathetic nervous system through the spinal nerves.
Benefits of Metameric Massage
- Metameric Massage improves the general tone of muscles and skin;
- It reactivates the circulation and the mobility of the muscle bands;
- Improves joint looseness;
- It corrects issues caused by incorrect postures;
- It causes the release of toxins and better circulation of oxygen and blood in the system as it releases tension and relaxes the affected muscle tissues;
- It improves the functionality of internal organs thanks to the responses activated by reflex;
- It is able to rebalance the nervous system by reducing stress and muscular tensions;
- In 90% of cases, the pain of nervous origin is eliminated in a few sessions.
What problems does it help to solve?
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Tingling on arms and hands
- Migraine, headache
- Carpal tunnel
- Depression and drops of energy
- Crural nerve
- Painful menses
- Ankle, Knees, HIP, Back, Shoulder, Elbow, Neck pain
- Hallux valgus
- Baker’s cyst
- Cellulitis and panniculitis
Pre and post-treatment advice
It is very important to be properly hydrated and therefore it is advised to drink plenty of water the day before the treatment.
It is advised not to drink alcohol before treatment.
It is recommended to drink at least 4/6 cups of water (preferably warm) per day in the days following the treatment.
Within 24/48 hours following the treatment, it is very common to feel soreness and pain (such as bruises) in the treated areas that presented problems.
Some very sensitive and particularly intoxicated people could be bothered for a whole week.
It is recommended to dive in a warm bath with Epson Salts to speed up the elimination of toxins.
Contraindications to Metameric Massage:
This type of massage should not be performed in case of fever or flu in the acute phase, severe heart problems, indigestion, diarrhoea, vomiting, evident skin inflammations and burns, inflammation of the lymphatic glands, neuritis.
It should not be performed by those who have recently undergone surgery. These people should consult their doctor and wait a few weeks before undergoing a Metameric Massage.
People suffering from osteoporosis, bone tuberculosis or other bone disorders should consult their doctor before opting for this type of massage.
It should not be performed by those who are currently undergoing radiation or chemotherapy or who have cancer.
It should not be performed by people who are prone to blood clots since Metameric Massage can lead to detachment of blood clots.
In any case, always consult your doctor, in order to guarantee the maximum effectiveness of the massage and your safety.
Any allergies should always be communicated in advance, specifically those related to base oils and essential oils.
To those who are prone to allergic reactions, it is recommended to carry out a test, which consists in applying a minimum part of essential oil – mixed with a carrier oil – on the sensitive part of the forearm and wait at least thirty minutes (preferably 24 hours).